The FA National Game Strategy 2011 - 2015 clearly defines how Football will be delivered through the following areas:
- Growth and Retention
- Raising Standards
- Better Players
- Running the Game
- Workforce Development (Coaches, Volunteers and Referees)
- Facility Development
So what does that mean for Manchester and how is Manchester FA working to develop a better playing environment, more teams, qualified coaches and governing the game? Attached you can find the latest County Football Development Plan that details how the County is going to deliver within the above areas.
Our aim is to do the following:-
1. Grow and Retain the number of Football Teams within Manchester by working closely with existing Clubs, new partners and communities
2. Raise standards within the Game by creating a safe, child friendly environment through the FA Charter Standard Programme, and Welfare and Safeguarding programme
3. Creating Better Players through a number of projects that include the Girls and Disability Talent Development schemes. This area is not only about the players but also creating more and better coaches to deliver sessions at grassroots level through the FA Coaching pathway
4. Governing the Game by providing support and guidance in relation to regulations, sanctions, discipline and implementing the standard code of rules. We aim to provide a high quality service to all our members and customer service is one of our number one priorities to be effective and efficient.
5. Volunteers, Coaches and Referees are the lifeblood of our Sport and without the work that you all do we would not be able to deliver the programme and projects within the Game. Manchester FA aims to provide a quality Coach and Referee Education programme, provide bursaries in relation to Coach Education where possible and also support Volunteers into the Game.
6. By working with Local Authorities, Sport England and the Football Foundation we aim to support all Facility Development programmes having quality facilities means that players, coaches, referees and volunteers enjoy their experience within the game.