Participation in Open age, Senior and Veterans Football throughout Greater Manchester, is easily accessible through a number of well run Adult Leagues who can cater for all levels of ability, from the Recreational Social Team right through to the Amateur Football clubs and those at Step 7.
As part of the National Leagues programme, 5 of the leagues have been awarded the FA’s Charter Standard League Status. This demonstrates that they are committed to implementing the contents of their League Development Plans into Grassroots Football which have been constructed alongside Manchester FA’s Football Development Team.
Adult Participation continues to grow in this county and a contributing factor to this is the growing number of opportunities and flexibility within leagues. There is now a clear pathway for Women & Girls to play local Football and progress through age categories within girl’s only leagues and transition into U18 and Open Age in a Womens League means the long term retention for females in the game is at a very strong level.
The work of League Committee Members often goes on behind the scenes and is a vital part of delivering Grassroots Football. Manchester FA’s recent appointment of a League Development Officer demonstrates the county FA’s commitment to League Development and provides a dedicated resource to Leagues for assist in the following areas:
- Increase Participation throughout the Game
- Increase the number of FA Charter Standard Clubs
- Increase the number of FA Charter Standard Leagues
- Increase the number of Active Referee’s
- Raise the Standards of Welfare throughout Football
- Increase awareness of the FA’s RESPECT Initiative
- Promote the FA’s Coach Education and Volunteer Programme
- Create Better Players through the FA TESCO Skills Programme
- Develop and support the Governance of the Game
- Support Leagues with Promotion and Marketing of the services they provide
- Cheshire & Manchester Sunday Football League
- Eccles Sunday League
- Greater Manchester Police League
- JP Business League
- Manchester Accountants Sunday Football League
- Manchester Amateur Sunday Football League
- Manchester Jewish Soccer League
- Manchester Saturday Morning Football League
- Oldham Sunday Football League
- Tameside Football League
- Trafford Companies All Star League (TCAS)
- Greater Manchester Ability Counts Football League
- ISSL University of Manchester
- Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League
- Greater Manchester Womens Football League
- Manchester Football League
For more information please contact our League Development Officer Lorna Bennett firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 203 2990 option 2.