There has never been a more exciting time to get into grassroots football.
Small-sided formats such as 4v4 and 5v5 are at the forefront of delivery within our youth leagues as the Youth Development Review takes shape as the future of the game is designed to increase number of touches of the ball, develop confidence and skill in 1v1 situations while assisting with the long term player development of young footballers in this county.
Central venue facilities which are used by all of our youth leagues enable players and parents to enjoy a fun, high quality, safe environment where they can play, learn and watch grassroots football.
The work of league committee members often goes on behind the scenes and is a vital part of delivering grassroots football. Manchester County FA is committed to supporting our leagues with the following:
- Increase participation throughout the game
- Increase the number of FA Charter Standard clubs
- Increase the number of FA Charter Standard leagues
- Increase the number of active referees
- Raise the standards of welfare throughout football
- Promote and support the FA’s RESPECT initiative
- Promote the FA’s coach education and volunteer programme
- Create better players through the FA Tesco Skills Programme
- Develop and support the governance of the Game
- Support leagues with promotion and marketing of the services they provide
A list of our youth leagues can be found below:
- City Of Salford Soccer League
- East Manchester Junior Football League
- Greater Manchester Ability Counts Football League
- Greater Manchester Womens Football League
- Manchester Respect Junior Football League
- Manchester Youth & Mini Soccer League
- North Manchester Girls Football League
- South Manchester Girls League
- Tameside Football League
- Junior Soccer League
For more information please contact our Football Development Officer Lorna Bennett on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 203 2990 option 2.