Following a full review by Referee Development Manager David Coote, Academy Director Chris Kavanagh and the Referee Development Team, the Manchester FA Referees Academy is to be restructured and you can apply to join now!
Take a look at our brief of the the new-look Academy below and if you would like to apply, please complete the form attached and return it to email@example.com by 5pm on 15 May 2013. Please note that all current Academy referees will have to re-apply for Academy selection.
To assist in the development, training and coaching of referees who have the potential to progress to the National List of Assistant Referees. It is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees.
What it involves
Meetings will be held monthly, and will include level specific training, as well as guest speakers and performance analysis. Academy referees will benefit from development opportunities including local Academy fixtures, and local, national and international tournament experience.
Who can apply?
Any referee from Level 7-Level 4 may apply to be considered for a place in the Academy is they meet the criteria below:
- Level 4, or a Level 5, 6 or 7 who has applied for promotion for the 2013-14 season.
- Agree to attend a minimum of 75% of all Referee Academy events including training, speaker and fitness sessions.
- Adhere to dress codes, be punctual and act in a manner which best represents Manchester FA at all times. This includes attending Manchester FA training events whenever possible.
- Be a Referees Association member (or agree to join) and attend a minimum of 50% of local Referees Society meetings in a playing season.
- Be available regularly to officiate on Academy games which are primarily played on Sunday mornings.
- Remain in regular contact with your coach regarding your games, set clear targets with them and discuss honestly your performances.
- Manage your administration to a high standard with all competitions including Referee Academy administration.
Further selection for the Academy will take place via an Academy Development Event in late June. Each applicant will be informed whether they have been invited to this Academy Development Event before 31 May 2013.
For further information on the Referees Academy please visit http://www.manchesterfa.com/referees/referee-academy.
Good luck to you all.