Manchester County FA is delighted to announce the winners of this year’s FA Community Awards presented by McDonalds.
Now in their fifth year the annual awards aim to recognise and reward the people and organisations that continue to drive grassroots football forward in Manchester.
This year MCFA received a record number of nominations for players, coaches, referees and volunteers from across the county and we are delighted to announce the following winners.
- People’s Choice Award for Outstanding Contribution to Community Football: Ken Pollard
- The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award: Chadderton Park Sports Club
- The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award: Hough End Griffins
- The FA Charter Standard Club Award: Failsworth Athletic
- The FA Charter Standard League Award: Manchester Respect League
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Frank Melling
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award: Elliot Blenkinsop
- Coach of the Year Award: Joe Traynor
In a letter to each individual winner, MCFA Chief Operating Officer Daniel Green outlined how important a role the outstanding work of each of them has played during the 2013/14 season.
“This year nominations have been of a very high quality,” he said. “They reflect the excellent work clubs, leagues, players, coaches, referees and volunteers are carrying out in Greater Manchester’s grassroots community.
“The judging panel here at Manchester County FA was impressed by the outstanding work that all of our winners are carrying out within the football family and hope this award is recognition of the great work that they do.
“It is with our winners’ continued commitment to the national game that we can work together to provide a safe, fun and enjoyable environment for all those involved in grassroots football.”
All winners will now been invited to receive their award at a formal awards evening and have been shortlisted for regional recognition. Winners of the regional awards will be notified the week commencing 2nd June 2014.
We wish all our nominees the very best of luck and congratulate them all on their County FA awards.