Credit unions exist solely to provide affordable financial services to their members. Manchester Credit Union is run by members, for members and offers a range of innovative financial products including ethical savings, low cost loans, the Credit Union Current Account and free member insurance.
As a not-for-profit organisation, they care more about people than profits and believe in offering fair financial services to their members. As well as promoting regular saving, credit unions also act as low cost alternatives to doorstep lenders and payday loan companies that usually charge extortionately high rates of interest. The range of products and services on offer includes:
• Adult & Junior Savings Accounts – pay in by cash deposits at any Post Office or Payzone / Paypoint shops, or directly from your bank by standing order.
• Christmas Club Savings Accounts – Save a little each week or month, to make sure you’re always prepared for the festive season!
• Affordable Loans – From £100 to £15,000 (dependent on personal circumstances). Loans available for all purposes, from holidays and home improvements, through to budgeting loans to cover urgent bills. It’s quick and easy to apply and much cheaper than pay day loans, or doorstep lenders.
• Credit Union Current Account (CUCA) – Alternative to main high street bank accounts, with peace of mind that their charges are amongst the lowest on the market, should you go overdrawn.
• Pre-paid Visa Debit Card – Great way to budget and manage your money and avoid getting into credit card debt.
• Free life savings and loan protection insurance – Offering a little extra financial security to your family, at no extra cost.
Manchester Credit Union offers membership to anyone who lives or works in Manchester, Rochdale, Tameside, Trafford, Stockport and the High Peak and operates from a number of branches and customer services sessions across these areas. All these services are supported by the excellent, dedicated and well-trained staff.
Manchester Credit Union began as Beswick and Openshaw Credit Union in 1991 and has continued to attract new members and expand ever since. The current membership stands at over 10,000 people. Manchester Credit Union is one of over 330 credit unions affiliated to the Association of British of Credit Unions (ABCUL) throughout England, Scotland and Wales. In the UK some 520,000 members have recognised the value of credit unions and have savings over £400 million.
Manchester Credit Union is proud to support grassroots football in Manchester and also supports Manchester FA’s Equality Programme, through their involvement in the Manchester FA Equality Group and official Sponsorship of our monthly Equality Award.
Manchester Credit Union members also receive discounted costs on Manchester FA training courses!
You can visit Manchester Credit Union’s website at:
or contact on: 0161 231 5222