Manchester County FA has a great history not only of supporting disabled youth and adult players, but also signposting those with ability to the FA’s disability talent programmes.
We also acknowledge the barriers that those with a disability can sometimes face and have tailored our objectives around meeting these challenges.
Our objectives are as follows:
1. Work with and support existing partners to provide more local, sustainable playing opportunities
2. Engage with none traditional football partners - If your organisation would like to either get involved, support or provide disability football please contact our Disability Officer John Hurst (email@example.com)
3. Increase participation in both the male and female game
4. Increase enjoyment of those playing in Greater Manchester in an environment where players feel comfortable and safe.
To achieve these aims, MCFA emloys full-time Disability Officer John Hurst whose remit it is to grow and sustain participation within disability football. John has previously worked as Get into Football Consultant and Social Inclusion Coordinator and has a full understanding of both the opportunities and challenges within disability football.
There are a number of ways that you can get involved:
1. Play in a recreational session
2. Contact and join a club – click here for a full list of MCFA member clubs who provide disability provision
3. Play in the Greater Manchester Ability Counts PAN Disability League
4. Contact MCFA Disability Officer John Hurst for more information or upcoming playing opportunities by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0161 203 2990 opt 2.