Manchester County FA
County Football Development Manager (CFDM)
Salary £29,000 to £35,000 + benefits
Manchester County FA are looking to recruit a County Football Development Manager (CFDM).
The role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and be responsible for the delivery of the FA National Game Strategy at a local level within Greater Manchester and will also report formally on a quarterly basis to The FA Regional National Game Manager. The successful applicant will oversee the management of four key delivery hubs (Growth & Retention, Raising Standards, Workforce/Better Players, Running the Game) ensuring the hubs work collaboratively, both internally and with key stakeholders.
The County Football Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities. ‘Public Sector Cuts’ will have a major impact on non-statutory functions within local authorities and it will be the responsibility of the CFDM to work closely with the CEO at Manchester County FA to ensure the engagement and relationship management is of a high standard.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate both in their application and at interview their ability to deliver within our County FA’s three core values; ‘Passionate, Inspiring and Professional’. You must be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to supporting the volunteers within our member Clubs & Leagues. The CFDM must be committed to the development of football at a local level and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to positively influence.
Specific duties in this role will include:
- To develop, maintain and deliver the FA National Game Strategy on behalf of the FA a local level.
- To report quarterly to the FA Regional Manager of the National Game (NW)
- To proactively challenge the delivery of officers to ensure that targets are met and that opportunities are maximized.
- To co-ordinate and implement a facility strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- To engage with local authorities, providing guidance, support and developing opportunities.
- To oversee the provision of highly effectively club, league and volunteer development programmes.
- To work effectively with the CEO and COO closely to develop an holistic approach to developing the business.
- To effectively with the support of the COO, line manage employees to ensure appropriate FA Performance Management systems are in place and are adhered to.
- To manage and provide monthly updates on the FA National Game Strategy Revenue funding including expenditure.
- To be a key member of the Business Management Team and contribute effectively to the running of the business.
- To provide monthly, quarterly management information as requested by either the CEO or COO.
- To produce accurate and relevant management information to improve performance and inform decision-making of the business.
Recruitment for the role will be based on competency and technical based questions. Competency based behaviours required within this role include:
Problem Solving/ Teamwork/ Communication/ Leadership/ Delivery/ Customer Excellence/ Developing Self and Others
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 20 March 2014.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter with details of your current salary and your salary expectation for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org (PA to the Chief Executive at Manchester County FA). As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check, to ensure their suitability for the role.
Interviews are intended to take place week commencing 7 April 2014. You must ensure that upon application that you are and can be available for interview that week.
Manchester County FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Manchester County FA's Equality Statement is available upon request.