THE FA COMMUNITY AWARDS
These annual awards aim to recognise and reward grassroots clubs and volunteers across the country, the unsung heroes of grassroots football in communities across England. The eight award categories are:
- Outstanding Contribution Award (Voted for by the public at National level)
- The FA Charter Standard Community Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard Development Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard Club Award
- The FA Charter Standard League Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award
- Coach of the Year Award
Information on how to nominate in 2013 will appear on this page. 2012 nominations are now closed.
Manchester FA Monthly Awards
It is vitally important we share good practice and reward those volunteers, parents, players, referees, teachers, coaches etc. The Manchester FA monthly awards are one of the ways in which we hope to say thank you and recognise the difference that they make to our grassroots game.
Each month, Manchester FA are inviting nominations from those who influence and play their part in grassroots football in Manchester.
The GMPA 'Respect Award' - nominations will be assessed and decided by our Football Development Team here at Manchester FA. Click Here for our Respect Award winners Roll of Honour.
The Manchester Credit Union 'Equality Award' - will be assessed by members of our Equality Action Group, which include;
- Earl Barrett - Leadership and Mentoring Manager for Kick it Out
- Lou Englefield - Director at Pride Sports
- June Kelly MBE and Manager for Abraham Moss Warriors JFC,
- Irfan Kawri - North West Coordinator for Zesh Rehman Foundation
- Colin Phillips – Football development volunteer in North Manchester,
- Dean Ashton – Project Worker for The Limes Chapter 1
The Metrolink 'Team of the Month' - will be selected by a MetroLink selection panel.
Applications can be made by completing the nomination form (download below) and returning via email to email@example.com or by post; Awards at Manchester FA, Manchester Communications Academy, Silchester Drive, Harpurhey, Manchester M40 8NT.
Long Service Awards
Any League or Club Official who has served a total of fifteen (15) consecutive years with that body or organisation shall be presented with a suitable souvenir on condition that the Club or League which he or she represents has been affiliated to this Association for the complete period. There shall be two categories of award according to the office held as follows:
- Chairman, Secretary or Treasurer = Gold Award
- Referees, Registrations & Fixtures Secretaries or Commercial Manager = Silver Award
- Other Committee Members without Formal Post = Silver Award
Long Service Awards must be submitted on this form by 30th April to the CEO of Manchester FA by post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (this form is available to download below). Awards will be presented each year at the Annual General Meeting.