VACANCY: Club Engagement Volunteers
Manchester FA are looking to recruit a team of club engagement volunteers, to form an essential part of the grassroots football community in Greater Manchester and assist Manchester FA in improving its continued service to the community.
The purpose of the volunteer role is to build positive relationships with Manchester FA member clubs by attending match day fixtures and training sessions encouraging engagement with all participants. Volunteers will need to listen to the views of players to understand what drives them to play and engage with parents/coaches to understand their knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
The following key skills and experience are an essential requirement of the Club Engagement Volunteer role:
- Experience of safeguarding and child protection
- Knowledge and understanding of grassroots or other voluntary activity
- Ability to listen effectively
- Ability to ask probing questions
- Communication skills
- Basic IT skills.
The following skills are desirable:
- Experience of organisational assessments, audits or inspections
- Full UK Driving License
This role will require individuals to undertake the following tasks, when visiting Manchester FA member clubs:
- Record club/team official’s compliance with FA CRC’s & Safeguarding Qualifications
- Engage with clubs on match days and training sessions to build a positive relationships
- Gain views of clubs in order to give them the support they may require
- Engage with coaches regarding their understanding of reporting safeguarding concerns
- Engage with parents regarding their understanding of reporting safeguarding concerns
- Engage with u18s players to gain their views and listen to their experiences in Grassroots Football
If you are interested in becoming a club engagement volunteer, please contact Lauren McCorry on 0161 225 1966 or email Lauren.McCorry@manchesterfa.com with the subject ‘Club engagement volunteer’.
Please note, all successful applicants will be subject to a CRC and will complete a Manchester FA Safeguarding children workshop.