Manchester FA and Cheshire FA will be providing up to 30 young (16 to 23 year olds) male and female coaches from historically underrepresented backgrounds with an opportunity to become a member of the 2022-23 Future Coaches.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
In both the men's and women's game, Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic coaches continue to be significantly underrepresented.
The FA, Manchester FA and Cheshire FA are committed to changing that. We're committed to developing more opportunities for Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic coaches to get experience, support, and guidance to enhance their coaching skills and discover pathways into and within the game of football.
As part of our Diversity & Inclusion coach development work, in partnership Manchester FA & Cheshire FA will be providing up to 30 young coaches from historically underrepresented backgrounds and females with an opportunity to become a member of the 2022-23 Future Coaches.
To be part of you must apply via an online application - find the link below.
Successful applicants will be part of a coach development group and receive:
- Personalised 1-2-1 coaching support providing guidance, connection and understanding.
- Have access to a coach mentor.
- 4 x bespoke theory and practical coach development face to face events* delivered by the FA Regional Coach Development Officer (Diversity & Inclusion).
- Observe experienced UEFA A and B licensed coaches working in a variety of settings.
- Be signposted to opportunities to increase coaching knowledge and experience.
- Subsidy towards your next FA Coaching Award/Qualification.
- Nike clothing.
(* Event dates – Monday 14 November 2022 launch event; Monday 20 February 2023; Monday 20 March 2023 and Monday 8 May 2023).
BLACK, ASIAN AND MINORITY ETHNIC CLASSIFICATION
The FA adopts Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic classifications to refer to members of communities who identify as being Black, Asian, from Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups or from other Ethnic Groups as per the England and Wales Census ethnicity classifications.
This is consistent with the Oxford English dictionary definition of Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic and the ONS definition of Ethnic Minority.
We would welcome applications to be part of the 2022-23 Future Coaches from:
- Male applicants of Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic origin and Females within Greater Manchester and Cheshire.
- Age 16 (as of 30 August 2022) to 23 years old.
- Currently or actively seeking to coach in grassroots football.
- Achieved or willing to complete the EE Playmaker by England Football.
- A passion for self-development.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated towards developing players.
- Ability to share ideas, listen to those of others, and support peers.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A FULL OVERVIEW
The Future Coaches is FREE to apply for and access, if selected.
Successful coaches MUST be able attend all Event dates.
Successful coaches will be notified W/C 31st October 2022.
We cannot provide feedback to those coaches who are not successful.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
SCAN THE QR CODE BELOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON MONDAY 24 OCTOBER 2022 at 9.00am.
Should you have any questions about the programme please e-mail Support@ManchesterFA.com