Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women & Girls Football
Location: Greater Manchester
Closing Date: Sunday 6th November 2022, 5pm
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract.
Roles Available: 1
We are the home of grassroots football in Greater Manchester and we are committed to providing football FOR ALL.
A passionate, inspiring and professional organisation, Manchester FA is the home of grassroots football across Greater Manchester.
We are the guardian of the national game in Greater Manchester. We are responsible for efficiently governing and developing the local game and strive to positively influence participation for all in football regardless of age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion and socio-economic status. Often described as grassroots football, participation in the non-professional game continues to thrive in our city which is steeped in football tradition and history across all levels of the game.
These are exciting times for Manchester FA following successfully being a Host City for UEFA EURO 2022, we have seen a rise in demand for Women & Girls football across Greater Manchester and we are planning to grow our opportunities further in the next 12 months. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to deliver this.
Manchester FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Manchester FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
- Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
- What we are looking for
- Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
What we can offer
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Other benefits.
Equality and Diversity
Manchester FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Leigh Gell (Support@ManchesterFA.com) no later than 5pm on Sunday 6th November 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Tuesday 8th November to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 10th November and Friday 11th November.
If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE REQUITMENT PACK
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Leigh Gell at Support@ManchesterFA.com for an informal discussion.