Manchester FA is looking to appoint a new Independent Non-Executive Board Member for Legal and Compliance to our Board of Directors.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude who wants to make a positive contribution to grassroots football in Greater Manchester. The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate, both in their application and at interview, their ability to deliver within Manchester FA's three core values: 'Passionate, Inspiring and Professional'.
What will you do?
- Serve as a Director of Manchester FA and to actively participate in its strategic management.
- Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation.
- Safeguard the interests of the membership and stakeholders of the Association.
- Experience of implementing policies, protocols and guidance.
- An understanding of the statutory Articles of Association of Manchester FA.
- Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives.
- Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, holding the CEO to account for the effective management and delivery of the Association’s strategic aims and objectives.
- Oversee the proposals to Board of both performance and amendments to policies and compliance
- Oversee the preparation of timely and detailed reports on the performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide support to, and act as a sounding board for the CEO and COO on legal and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, statutes and guidelines.
- Support the Association in its strategic decision-making.
The final date for considation of application is 12(noon) 12 January 2024. Please email your completed application titled 'INED Legal & Compliance' to Colin.Bridgford@ManchesterFA.com.
More information on the roles is available within the applicaiton pack available below: