Several benefits for clubs registering players in the WGS were highlighted during the six-month pilot programme:
- Secure storage of player records.
- Records updated annually, creating a lasting history for each player.
- Club and Team records available for league registration processes (where appropriate).
- More efficient club discipline management.
- Use of the FA Number (FAN) to create a single player view – particularly for clubs using Full-Time.
- Providing your club with better player information to help you plan for the future.
Your club is now invited to make use of this new registration functionality and over the next few weeks, The FA and Manchester FA will be available to support you as you enter player records into the WGS.
Guidance & Support
You can download the Player Registration support guide from the bottom of this page.
To begin the process of registering your players you need to log on to the WGS, this can be accessed by clicking HERE.
If you have forgotten your FAN or password they can be retrieved by clicking HERE.
The FA are running weekly evening webinars, where clubs can join online and speak to FA support staff about any issues they may be having, or listen to any questions being raised by other clubs.
They will be held at 7pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 17th November
- Wednesday 23rd November
- Thursday 24th November
- Tuesday 29th November
- Tuesday 6th December
- Wednesday 14th December
For details about how to log in to a webinar, please email email@example.com along with the date of the webinar you wish to join.
You can contact us directly at WGSSupport@manchesterfa.com for any support that you may need in relation to registering your players on the system. Remember, we're here to help!